Part-Qualified Commercial Analyst
To enhance and contribute to the day to day operation of the Commercial and Pricing Team, supporting the pricing lifecycle (proposal, origination and portfolio) with detailed analysis and reporting.
The candidate will be expected to get out and understand the whole business to enhance the quality of the information they produce for stakeholders.
The small team has a diverse range of tasks producing management information, commercial information and financial information and the successful candidate should expect to be exposed to all disciplines over time.
- Maintain lifecycle profitability models to provide financial evaluation by channel & product, updating & calculating key drivers as relevant.
- Detailed financial evaluation of new pricing proposals. Providing in-depth insight, analysis and recommendations.
- Carry out user testing of agreed pricing/project changes.
- Carry out post implementation reviews for all pricing/project changes, investigating key variances & reporting to the relevant manager to ensure that remedial action is taken.
- Share knowledge and best practice with sales teams and MI teams to improve the pricing process and pricing lifecycle.
- Identify and monitor emerging issues and trends communicating effectively with the affected managers
- Provide financial analysis and recommendations on other ad hoc projects including businesses cases and projects.
- Provide actual APR monitoring
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of accounting, legal and regulatory requirements including but not exhaustively; IFRS, tax, data protection, money laundering, health & safety, FCA, together with other legislative requirement as appropriate.
- Be committed to quality and professional customer service to ensure individual performance and business results are maximised.
- Work as part of a team - supporting, motivating and assisting colleagues in the operation of the department and throughout the business
- Recognise, recommend and where appropriate implement improvements to processes and procedures, ensuring that the efficiency, effectiveness and compliance of the department is maintained and activities are in line with current methods
- Experience in the production, analysis and presentation of relevant information & reporting for use at all business levels
- Ability to clearly explain outputs to all stakeholders in a manner that is easy for them to understand.
- Experience of creating and implementing processes and procedures
- Advanced Excel skills with experience of data and system analysis including the generation of reports
- Excellent organising/planning skills with the ability to coordinate and manage multi-task projects and organise workloads in a structured and logical way, working to tight deadlines.
- Able to manage stakeholders' needs and expectations and use influencing and negotiation skills, where required.
- Able to seek out and implement innovative ways of enhancing the models used.
- Strong stakeholder engagement/Business partnering experience
- Ability to 'think outside of the box'
- Statistical/ mathematical background/ programming skills eg SAS/Visual Basic
- Experience of working in other financial services sectors.
- Part qualified CIMA, ACCA.
Capita Professional Recruitment welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Professional Recruitment is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.