£18,000 - £21,000, dependent on experience
Our client is an established and growing provider of IT solutions. They are an experienced team of consultants who provide/manage technical and strategic IT support to a variety of businesses and organisations across the UK. Their service covers conventional network, software and hardware support and this company is one of only 150 selected Microsoft Gold Partners in the UK.
They are passionate about great IT & Network infrastructure and challenge the norm, by going 'above and beyond’ the service usually expected of IT support companies. They have a consultative approach to the way they do things, and because of their exceptional approach to client relationship management (evidenced across all levels within the business) they have a higher than usual number of long term retained clients and are continuing to increase these figures through referrals and recommendations.
To assist with their continued growth/expanding client base, we are searching for someone to join our client’s IT helpdesk. Operating from their established location (with plenty of room to expand), this opportunity will be most suitable to those of you who have a natural aptitude when it comes to identifying and resolving technical issues.
Our client is looking for someone who has a keen interest in IT outside of the workplace. You will be someone who keeps up to date with new technologies and will read industry specific literature, because you enjoy it! You won’t be afraid to get stuck in and learn, because this appointment has been created to support their succession plan, they would like you to really understand their business from the bottom up.
The directors remain very hands on, and actively encourage all staff members to pursue relevant industry continued professional development, eventually leading to an MCSE qualification. They genuinely want people to grow with their business and are happy to reward accordingly. So, at each level you will expect to be rewarded by an increase in the basic package. How long that will take is entirely based around the individuals hunger to learn and desire to develop.
Forming part of the IT helpdesk, you will be responsible for the delivery of IT support and the implementation of IT solutions, to a select number of clients. You will be expected to respond to and handle all queries, ensuring a resolution is met within a set response time and that all service cases are logged. This will be done via telephone, email and face to face meetings.
Working closely with your clients on a consultative basis, you will manage their technical and strategic requirements by delivering the best possible solutions to drive their business forward. Exceptional levels of customer service are paramount to this role as you will be dealing with individuals who have varying levels of IT knowledge and your personal commitment to them will be reflected in how long you are retained.
At the beginning, you will attend client meetings with senior technicians, but as you progress and get to know your clients, you will attend meetings on your own to identify additional solutions (products and services) which you can offer to increase business. However, our client is very clear about making sure this isn’t done with a 'hard sales’ approach, and instead by understanding the requirements of their clients.
Your duties will include the following:
- Promptly respond to any helpdesk enquiries
- Isolate and resolve any technical issues independently and remotely, within a reasonable time frame (desktops, servers and networks)
- Escalate any unresolved issues to senior colleagues
- Logging of all communications and customer support cases via an internal CRM system
- Visiting client sites to fix issues that cannot be resolved via telephone and email
- Implement IT solutions (both hardware and software)
- Assisting clients with adoption and education - advising on product functionality
- Assisting with internal and external projects
- Providing internal colleagues with support
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Experience providing technical customer support
- The ability to deal with stakeholders at all levels is extremely important
- Strong knowledge of technical language and IT literacy
- A computing/technical degree would be desirable
- A sound understanding of various operating systems and browsers, including troubleshooting skills
- The ability to prioritise own workload, and to multitask effectively
- Are motivated and self-driven
- Strong levels of written and verbal communication
- You will ideally have a MCSA certification - This isn’t essential, although you will have an interest in pursuing a MCSA certification, eventually leading to MCSE level
- A full UK driving license and access to your own vehicle - you will be expected after a time to attend client sites
OUR IMPRESSION OF THE BUSINESS
- Friendly and sociable - Team spirit is very important to them and is evident
- Invests heavily in their staff:
- They have a budget set aside for training and qualifications and encourage everyone to undertake continued professional development
- They have a clear succession plan/career path for their employees and reward staff accordingly - they are very transparent about how this works. The more qualified and experienced you become, the more opportunity there will be for reward and responsibility within the business
In return you will be provided with:
- Private Health Insurance
- Company pension scheme
- Death in Service benefit
- Expense payments
- 20 days holiday (increasing by one day each year to a maximum of 25 days) + bank holidays
- Regular salary reviews upon successful completion of each stage leading to MCSA qualification
This is an amazing opportunity for the right individual. If you feel you have the right attributes and are prepared to learn and work hard, please contact Matt or Janet on the contact details listed on our website: Marmion Recruitment.