Account Manager – Legal Week
POSITION: Account Manager – Legal Week
Reporting To: Thomas Pearson – Commercial Director
Hours of Work - Normal working hours are 9am to 5.30pm, with an hour for lunch. From time to time, longer hours may be required.
Travel: - The role is based in ALM’s office on Cheapside, St Pauls. You will be required to travel internationally: Hong Kong, Johannesburg, Dubai, Europe
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
The ALM International marketing services sales department is looking for an Account Manager to play an integral role in growing ALM Int. revenues. The individual will be an experienced sales professional, able to sell a range of marketing services solutions; event sponsorship, media (digital and print) and custom research.
Your client base will focus exclusively on the mid-tier of global/regional law firms. You will be supported by a Key Account Manager who focusses on top-tier law firms. You will have key responsibility for law firms based in certain regions; Africa, Middle East and Asia.
You will not be asked to focus on a specific brand or product – instead you will, at all times, have the ability to sell any ALM Int. product to the entirety of your client base. This flexibility ensures that you are able to best serve your client base and take full and exclusive ownership of your client accounts.
You'll be developing and managing relationships with current and new clients, which means you need to be a focused, proactive self-starter, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. You will be meeting clients at least ten times per month and be seen as a respected representative of ALM. You’ll need to develop and close new business, grow existing business and above all you’ll be responsible for hitting revenue targets.
You will have sole sales responsibility for our flagship media brand in Asia (China Law & Practice) which offers a fantastic opportunity to own the growth and development of a key ALM media asset – including regular travel.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To take responsibility for maximising your own sales results in conjunction with your manager. You will also work at the forefront of your portfolio’s sales operation.
- To prioritise your workload both internally and externally
- To use you own sales skills to sell to and increase revenue and market share from your client base. Your accounts will vary in size, and you will be responsible for these accounts across a range of products.
- To have a thorough knowledge of all your competitors activity and keep competitor information to hand.
- ØTo be perceived as the internal expert on your brands and products.
- To maximise your work effort and results, and to use your initiative to create ideas that other team members can follow.
- To present/meet with a minimum of 10 clients per month
- To be experienced in presenting to clients and to undertake presentations where necessary to groups and management internally.
- To display a high level of self-motivation and confidence within the team.
- To use your skill and initiative to drive ideas through the team.
4. Planning and Administration
- To provide (in good time) up to date sales plans and forecasts for your top 20 clients. These plans will contribute to the Portfolio’s sales plans.
- Full utilization of the Sales Force CRM to produce accurate prospect lists and pipelines.
- To be aware of the importance of the market share and yield for both your brand and your own client base.
- To establish a business relationship with other people that work within ALM Int. such as conference producers, editors, reporters etc
- To keep all levels of the company, where necessary, informed of all information relevant to the job. e.g. state of the market, issue awareness, competitive activity, revenue and yield. You should be able to do this for each of your brands/products.
Experience of and success within marketing services sales across media, event sponsorship and research. A track record of client management experience and client development.
- Skills & Abilities
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Excellent organisational skills
Ability to prioritise a busy workload
Ability to have business relationships at all levels within client organisations
Ability to work with a high level of confidentiality
Minimum of three years sales experience
Accept personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work. Can be relied upon to achieve excellent results with little need for oversight.
Adapt easily to changing business needs, conditions and work responsibilities. Adapt approach, goals and methods to achieve successful solutions and results in dynamic situations.
- Communications Effectiveness
Convey clear, timely, persuasive messages that positively influence the thoughts and actions of others.
Make timely decisions without sacrificing quality even under ambiguous circumstances.
- Interpersonal Influence
Influence others within the organization to be excited, enthused, and committed to furthering the organisation’s objectives.
- Technical Skills
Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden knowledge.