Do you love a good deal? That feeling you get when you buy something for less than it should have been, or with something extra thrown in for free? Fancy having that feeling at work each and every day? Then this could be just the job for you! A leading European distributor of industrial parts are in the process of strengthening their procurement function through the introduction of a new Buyer.
The successful Buyer will be joining a business that boast significant European market share, with operations in 28 countries and annual sales in excess of $2.4b. They currently carry a product range of over 600,000 SKUs, covering a range of both specialist and general products, and offer a secure, long term career opportunity as well as a fantastic working environment.
As Buyer you will be responsible for the execution of day-to-day purchasing activities including placement of all requisitions routed through the appropriate channel. You will drive savings through negotiation, use of preferred suppliers and consolidation of spend. You will help ensure the company's system is fully adopted and maximised at all times. You will help move as much of the Company spend as possible on to purchase cards and ensure the supply chain is tightly controlled.
To be considered for this Buyer role you will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience within a buying role, ideally within an industrial consumables / MRO / retail high SKU environment.
- Strong spot negotiation skills - you will love doing a deal and securing the best possible commercial terms
- Excellent communication skills, both with suppliers and internal customers enabling you to build outstanding relationships
- A strong customer service focus
- CIPS is advantageous but not essential
- A strong desire to progress and further your procurement / purchasing career with a business that is looking to significantly invest in this department for the future.
In return the successful Buyer will receive a remuneration package that includes the following:
- Base salary of circa £25-28k
- Contributory Pension
- 20 Days Holiday rising 1 day a year up to 25 days
Gleeson Procurement & Supply Chain is a specialist recruiter of leadership roles and technical specialists on both a permanent and temporary basis, into a number of industries including 3PL, construction, retail, service sector, automotive, aerospace, general manufacturing and FMCG. Please visit our website www.gleeson-rg.com for further information about our services and to view all of our roles
To apply for this Buyer position, please click on the "apply now" button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.