Supply Chain Specialist - Clinical Studies 12 month fixed term contract
At AstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people and you’ll develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us.
Pharmaceutical Technology and Development (PT&D) is the bridge which turns brilliant science into actual medicines that help millions of people. We work across the entire value chain, designing and delivering active ingredients, formulations and devices required to support new medicines – from supplies for use in early toxicology studies and clinical trials to developing the technology to ensure drugs can be scaled up for commercial manufacture.
The Supply Chain Specialist role is a key role within R&D Supply Chain. You will manage the Clinical supplies for a portfolio of global clinical studies across all phases within a drug development programme, using your supply chain knowledge and skill base to ensure on time delivery to patients.
As a Supply Chain Specialist you will:
- Project manage the delivery of clinical supplies effectively and consistently, inputting to balance of cost and risk to supply.
- Run project meetings, ensuring expert input and support from cross functional groups.
- Influence key decision making on supply and study set up.
- Ensure effective communication within project teams and with key stakeholders.
- Support risk management of individual studies during the planning phase, with proactive mitigation of risks threatening quality or delivery of supplies.
- Escalate significant issues appropriate.
Required Skills & Knowledge
- Qualification in supply chain related or drug development discipline or experience.
- Holistic knowledge of end to end supply chain activities.
- Experience of demand planning and forecasting
- Experience in managing projects and in?uencing customer demands
- Strong in?uencing, negotiating and problem-solving skills, across geographical and cultural boundaries
- Risk identification and management
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient IT skills with an ability to adapt and operate in multiple systems.
Preferred Skills & Knowledge
- Awareness of GMP (Good Manufacturing Practise)
- Knowledge of R&D supply chain and drug development process.
- Knowledge of Clinical Development processes relevant to the supply of clinical materials.
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status or any other characteristic protected by law.