One of our most reputable clients is looking for an Assistant Underwriter to join their existing team. This growing company, known for providing a first class service to its customers, boasts a positive culture and ethos including a number of fantastic company benefits for employees such as contributory pension, healthcare, a cycle to work scheme and more! They’re looking for an Assistant Underwriter who can ensure that customer loan applications are underwritten efficiently in line with company quality standards.
Please note this is a 12 month fixed term contract, with working hours set at Monday through to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm.
The day to day responsibilities of the role are to:
• Understand and evaluate the risks associated with every application
• Obtain all necessary documentation to make accurate and appropriate lending decisions
• Manually underwrite applications efficiently and effectively
• Liaise in a professional manner with third parties regarding applications
• Manage own caseload and underwrite cases in accordance with company policy
• Keep up to date with and apply current regulatory, legal and compliance practices
• Continually look at ways to improve underwriting processes and procedures within the company.
You will have experience working within a regulated environment, ideally with roles within banking, lending or finance. You will also boast excellent literacy and numeracy skills as well as an awareness and understanding of FCA regulatory obligations.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, please apply today!
Please note that the successful candidate will require a clear credit and full DBS check which will be carried out by the company prior to starting.