Network and Endpoint Security Director
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
Belfast or Derry/L’Derry
The Director of Network and Endpoint security reports to the Vice President of Security Operations and Threat Management for Allstate. The individual will be expected to work under minimal supervision and will have broad latitude for guiding the people, process, and technology required to ensure robust controls on our network and endpoint environments. Activities include accountability for planning, organizing, and maturing the technology and services in support of network and endpoint security. Additional accountabilities include partnering with peers, architects, and staff to build a robust control program, ensure vendor oversight, drive product selection and oversee deployment, lifecycle management, and operational support of supported systems and services.
The role oversees three senior managers and is responsible for a multinational organization. Management activities include typical accountabilities like succession planning, staffing, staff development, reviews, salary administration and coaching.
Responsibilities include (but aren't limited to):
- Perform complex management activities to plan, organize, prioritize, direct, control, and evaluate technology, services, and resources in support of organizational directions.
- Collaborating with architecture and engineering peers to develop and maintain roadmaps.
- Acting as champion for new or changing capabilities associated with network and endpoint protections.
- Prepares, communicates and educates clients and peers client groups and team on changes to services and capabilities within space.
- Promote innovation and find opportunities to drive process efficiency, and improved client experience.
- Collaborate with multiple organizations with goal of creating and delivering transparent, measurable, and sustainable improvements to the control objectives managed by under area.
- Succession planning, staffing, staff development, reviews, salary administration and coaching.
Essential Criteria - candidates should clearly state on their application form how they meet each of the essential criteria as these will be assessed during shortlisting and only these deemed to meet all of the below criteria will move forward to the next stage.
- 10 years of progressive experience in an information security role
- Demonstrated success in leading leaders and achieving results through others.
- Experience overseeing teams managing technologies like antivirus, EDR, IDS/IPS, firewalls, proxies, and ISE
- Proven ability to effectively communicate and work with technical and non-technical resources at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of approaches for securing cloud communications.
- Strong understanding of network and endpoint security controls.
- Strong understanding of IT security best practices.
- Strong understanding of ITIL Service Operations and Service Transition concepts.
- Experience establishing and publishing operational metrics for services.
- Solid knowledge of PCI DSS, HIPAA, ISO, NIST, and IT Controls.
- Experience maintaining IT Security programs and controls for large enterprise environments.
- Self-directed, comfortable working with minimal guidance
- Understanding of Project Management tools, techniques & methodologies.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment
Desirable Criteria - These criteria may be used where we have a high number of applicants
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Management
- CISM, CISSP, GSEC, GIAC, CRISC, or CISA
- Project management experience
Hours of Work:
- Standard; Mon to Fri; 9am to 5.30pm
- Flexibility required - several 1 week trips to US
- Flexibility as required
Closing Date: Friday, 9th March 2018
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.