Senior Conference Producer - £35k 20% bonus (of annualised salary)
London - £30k to £35k + 20% bonus (of annualised salary)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Conference Producer to join our clients teams within their innovative Conference/Exhibition portfolio working on the production of two annual conference and exhibitions.
The position of Senior Conference Producer is one of high responsibility and accountability. The challenge of meeting deadlines and identifying and satisfying the market’s precise needs are highly compensated for by immense job satisfaction when a conference is successful, intellectual stimulation, the opportunity to meet senior industry figures on a peer basis, and attractive financial rewards.
The role also gives development in either the conferences side or if looking for a future career in marketing management or account management, huge opportunities across the company!
- Researching conference topics by conducting in-depth research with senior level industry figures
- Researching the conference programme by contacting a complete cross section of the target market through phone, desk research and meetings to determine what subjects are needed by the market
- Attending relevant industry and competitor events (in UK and abroad) to meet key partners and clients
- Working with associations and creating and running an advisory board when appropriate
- Analysis of multi-source research to write a compelling programme agenda
- Identifying and contacting potential speakers, by phone, and recruiting them onto the programme.
- Negotiating Speaker fees and expenses within guidelines
- Writing promotional copy for website, marketing and other promotional materials
- Working with the social media team to design and implement promotional campaigns via LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
- Working with the marketing department to ensure that they are targeting the right market. Writing focused letters to targeted groups of people to promote the event sourcing appropriate media partners, working with the chairman and speakers and sponsors of the conference to get them to promote the event
- Working with Sponsorship and Exhibition to find leads and identify additional revenue generating opportunities
- Working with operations to ensure costs are kept at a minimum and event runs smoothly on the day
- Running the conference on the day, including opening the conference
- Build up key industry relationships with key stakeholders and associations
- At event research to identify future potential events and ways in which events can be improved.
- Production of post conference report and post event analysis.
Desired sKILLS & experience
- 2 to 3 years production experience in commercial events
- 2:1 degree (or equivalent)
- Excellent qualitative research skills
- Superior communication skills
- Ability for exciting International Travel