Business Standards Co-ordinator
Business Standards Co-ordinator
Competitive salary, plus excellent benefits
This role is a fantastic opportunity to become ABSL's dedicated Business Standards Co-ordinator. This role is based in our Lancaster office and will be responsible for the identification, monitoring and management of regulatory risk. This is a hands on and varied risk and regulatory role within ABSL.
Please note that although this position is full time, we will also consider those seeking part time hours.
As the Business Standards Co-ordinator at ABSL responsible for regulatory matters, you'll develop the regulatory and risk management capabilities of the business through understanding the distribution and construct of our products in order to assess regulatory and conduct risk within the business, in addition to being a champion for Treating Customers Fairly and our Customer Commitment.
Additionally you will actively participate in the overall development of Business Standards, achieved in part by building strong relationships with senior stakeholders and working closely with team members to continuously improve our customer-centric culture and the overall performance of the department.
Main responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Provide support within ABSL in setting and delivering regulatory responsibilities
- Co-ordinate and manage potential conflicts of interest
- Provide strong leadership support on regulation, taking responsibility for the oversight of ABSL's compliance with risk management standards, regulation, corporate governance and general day to day business advice
- Represent ABSL at relevant senior management meetings, on project work and presenting reports to the relevant Governance Boards on the effectiveness of ABSL's Regulatory and Risk Control framework
- Create strong internal stakeholder relationships to ensure that risk and regulation forms part of the 'business as usual' activity within the wider business
- Communicate regulatory requirements to the operational business areas and work with them to ensure ongoing compliance
- Identify, analyse and prepare for the potential impact of existing and new regulations in a timely manner
- Represent ABSL on relevant Allianz projects
- Provide appropriate operational and management information and analysis
- Support the business through attendance of key forums/ meetings
- Ensure own training and technical knowledge is up to date and your professional development continues.
What we are looking for:
- Relevant knowledge of the UK regulatory requirements for General Insurers/Brokers including the rules and other obligations set under FSMA, OFT, EC Directives and legislation such as DPA (including GDPR)
- Technical Skills - an understanding of the UK Commercial and Personal Lines insurance market is preferable
- A solid understanding of the regulatory environment in which ABSL operates.
- Good communication skills to be able to interact with the business as well as senior management.
What we offer you in return:
- Competitive salary, which is reviewed annually
- Annual Bonus related to individual and company performance
- A generous pension plan
- Competitive holiday allowance that increases with length of service, with the option of buying and selling up to 5 days holiday per year
- Share purchase plan
- Flexible benefits plan, giving the option to tailor benefits (such as dental insurance and private medical care) to suit individual needs
- Excellent training and development opportunities including our Award winning Underwriting Academy which is CII accredited.