I am currently recruiting on behalf of my client based in Crewe. There is the need for an experienced credit controller to join the team on a permanent basis. Ideally you will have 2 years' experience in a similar role, however full training can be provided for anyone with the right attitude to succeed who also has an interested in finance as a career.
Credit Controller / Administrator
* Provide regular updates to Dept Manager via End of Day reports
* Ensure activity and productivity is achieving set monthly measures
* Prioritise debts in order of size and importance using initiative to demonstrate the value and benefit to the company
* Offer suggestions around process improvement and highlight the potential man hours saved
* Demonstrate excellent work ethic
* Effective management of client data
* Ensure that debts are collected in a timely manner
* Meet cash & debtor monthly targets set by the company
* Use email, letters, and telephone to contact debtors and ensure payment of outstanding invoices.
* Regularly make contact with customers to ensure all relevant debts are managed as necessary
* Deal with internal queries about payments, ensuring customers pay on time and negotiating re-payment plans
* Handle disputed bills and negotiate to bring payment within the agreed terms
* Provide accurate advice on billing queries
* Respond promptly and completely to both client and internal enquiries
* Keep a detailed record of all communication with the customer
* At times deal with liquidators and ask for bad debts to written off.
* Other duties as delegated from time to time by the CFO or Finance Manager or any other person designated in their absence
There is a great atmosphere at this company and full training can be provided with support along the way in your career. Please apply to be considered for the shortlist.