Rutherford Briant are recruiting for an Assistant Accountant in Chelmsford. Our client is a market leader in their industry, offering really strong development opportunities. The successful candidate will work closely with Finance Manager to provide support to group following a prolonged period of growth.
- Responsibility for accruals and prepayments for various Group companies.
- Monthly review of accounts and reallocation of transactions if appropriate.
- Prepare and submit VAT report to HMRC in a timely manner.
- Prepare and submit Intrastats and EC Sales reports.
- Maintenance of the Fixed Assets register, liaising with project managers on completion dates and updating design reviews where necessary.
- Supporting the Finance Manager in for day to day with the day to day running of the accounts function.
- Petty cash and foreign bank reconciliations.
- Liaising with the external accountants.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
The ideal candidate will be working have experience with Sage 50 and relish a faced paced environment. This is a great opportunity to join a growing company where you can progress and develop in your career.