Intervention Teaching Assistant
REESON education are working with a Primary school based in Haringey, North East London who are seeking to appoint an experienced Teaching Assistant who will assist in the support and inclusion of SEN and EAL pupils within the School. Working within a class, the successful candidate will join a well-established team of Teaching Assistants who provide appropriate one-to-one support for an individual pupil, or a small group of pupils within class of any ability and in any curriculum area. The role would require the successful candidate to work across the curriculum but a flair or particular interest in languages would be beneficial. This role will predominantly be working with the Year 4 students and may require off-site training.
The successful candidate will:
- Be enthusiastic, caring, well-motivated and adaptable
- Be patient, sensitive, firm and tactful
- Work well as part of a friendly and successful school team
- Maintain confidentiality
- Plan differentiated learning tasks to support the pupils
- Have some knowledge and/or experience of working with primary children
- Be suitably qualified with good basic mathematical skills, and able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in a variety of settings (GCSE Grade C+ or equivalent)
- An NVQ2 for Teaching Assistants or equivalent qualification is highly desirable
The school can offer you:
- A supportive working environment in a newly refurbished building.
- Small class sizes and the opportunity to work 1-1 with children where possible.
- Support from an enthusiastic and dedicated team.
- Continued professional development.
- An opportunity to pursue a career in Teaching.
- Great staff benefits and a friendly nurturing environment.
If you are interested in this position please send across your up to date CV to Ruby at REESON Education for an immediate interview!