Sales - Fundraising 30-35K OTE
Door to Door
Our door to door team typically work between midday at 8pm maximising the opportunity to engage with people within the local community. We offer both full and part time (minimum of 12 hours across three days per week must be worked). You’ll receive information at the start of your working week which will help you plan your route for the day. For the majority of the day you’ll be walking around independently but your Team Manager won’t be far away if you need support and is always at the end of the phone. You’ll probably knock on around 25 doors an hour so there will be plenty of opportunities to sign up donors for our Charity Partners.
Charity Fundraiser - Door to Door
As a door to door charity fundraiser, you’ll visit potential donors in their home, asking them to donate monthly via direct debit. When you knock on their door, you may not always receive a positive response so you’ll need to overcome objections and grab their attention.
Our commitment to quality and professionalism is unrivalled. A 2-day new-starter training programme is followed by 4 weeks in-field mentoring within a professional and well managed regional team environment ensuring that the best possible support is provided.
What we’re looking for
- Previous experience in a customer-facing role such as Direct Sales, Customer Service or Field Sales
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to create a rapport in a face-to-face situation
- A positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- An effective, persuasive and engaging communicator who enjoys the outdoors!
- The desire to become a passionate advocate for the charity you represent
As our fundraisers engage with the general public on a daily basis, we need to ensure we recruit the best people with the right skills, experience and background to support our ambitions. All Fundraisers must undergo a basic criminality check prior to joining the team. Charity Link is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. We take the safety of our colleagues very seriously so ask all our door to door fundraisers to download a tracking application on their phone.
All of our fundraisers are on permanent employment contracts, providing the security of regular income as well as fantastic benefits including health cash plan, death in service, shopping discounts and a personal pension.
Fundraisers are paid every two weeks; this comprises of a basic wage, plus discretionary bonuses, which relate to the number and quality of donors they achieve.
All uniform, equipment and materials are provided - including an electronic tablet to take donations. Fundraisers are entitled to 20 days holiday annually, plus a bank holiday allowance. Accommodation will be provided if staying away (if the venue is over 75 miles from home) plus a contribution towards travel expenses.
Health cash plan
- Claim up to £60 per year for dental, optical and chiropody treatment
- Claim up to £80 per year for health and wellbeing
- Dependent children are covered for free up to the age of 18
- Up to 55% off cinema tickets
- Up to 50% off Theme Parks and Attractions
- Discounts and/or reward points available from a number of retailers
- Automatic enrolment at three months service
Death in service
- Two times base salary