Compliance & Controls Project Manager
Permanent Job Financial Compliance & Projects Manager Chesterfield
Your new company
A well established and successful utilities business based in Chesterfield are looking to add a Financial Compliance & Projects Manager to their already well established team reporting into the CFO.
Your new role
The role will be reporting into group coupled with providing compliance guidance and managing SOX for the UK business. You will be responsible for ensuring safe guarding of the business assets through managing internal control and business policies, whilst developing and managing the control environment for robust, sustainable governance whilst managing and prioritising group and UK finance projects and in parallel supporting with International projects. Further responsibilities include;
- Manage SOX in accordance with UGI Audit Committee reporting requirements
- Manage UGI project delivery timescales
- Legal & fiscal policy and process owner
- Liaison between accounting teams and UGI
- Ensure all processes impacting the Financial statement are robust and fit for purpose; and achieve full policy adherence e.g. Tax, PAYE, accounting records etc
- Lead on all financial process/policy creation and development - and ensure prompt and timely publishing on Sharepoint (Super User) with appropriate inter-departmental business communications / education
What you'll need to succeed
Success in this role will be dependent upon a strong audit and control ethic; alongside a mic of technical accounting skillset and good business acumen. Driver with a passion for compliance and controls, coupled with being influential to senior members and can operate with a collaborative and flexible style. You will need strong planning and organisation skills; with the ability to priorities and handle complex and competing demands with good systems and Microsoft Excel advanced knowledge.
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary up to £35,000- £50,000 with business hours between 8:45am and 5pm Monday to Friday with flexibility required around business needs.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.