Due to internal movement, an exciting opportunity has arisen with a growing and award winning financial services company based in Fleet. We are seeking a Mortgage Underwriter to work within the Operations Team.
The opportunity offers working hours of 9am – 5pm. You will receive a salary of £26K to £31K, plus 25 days holiday, non-contributory pension, private healthcare, life assurance and income protection and a discretionary company bonus.
To be successful for the Mortgage Underwriter position, you will preferably have experience of mortgage underwriting, however other Financial Services underwriting experience will be considered. You will also have a working knowledge of legislation and regulations.
The Mortgage Underwriter will report to the Operations Manager and will support our customers and third parties. The role will involve:
- Work to agreed objectives, service standards and deliverables.
- Ensure relevant documentation and information received is checked for adherence to policy and criteria.
- Deal with queries and enquiries effectively, accurately, and professionally, delivering excellent customer service.
- Provide a prompt reply to all written correspondence.
- Develop positive working relationships with colleagues.
- Make suggestions for improvements to processes to enhance service and efficiency.
- Adhere to internal/external compliance, credit review and audit requirements.
- Apply all aspects of the desired consumer outcomes of Treating the Customer Fairly (TCF).
- Use initiative to resolve queries outside own area of expertise.
- Train and mentor new team members.
- Take responsibility for your own learning and development.
- All other associated duties and responsibilities and carry out any tasks as required by management.
Successful candidates will have previous experience working in an underwriter role ideally within mortgages but another financial services underwriting will be considered. You will be PC literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. CeMAP is preferred or a willingness to study but this is not essential.