Payroll Administrator - Excellent Accountancy Practice
An excellent opportunity for a Payroll Administrator to join a highly reputable accountancy practice based near Rochester. The business is well established and have a great reputation across Kent and further afield.
A well known and highly reputable accountancy practice who provide a mix of accounts,audit, bookkeeping, payroll and VAT services to a wide array fo clients across Kent and further afield.
- Assistance with the day to day operation of over 200 payrolls ranging from 1 man companies to up to 50 staff using Sage Payroll. This includes checking and updating tax coding notices, issuing P45s, dealing with SMP,SSP,SPP,applications for advance funding,provision of monthly payroll spreadsheets to clients, supply of accounts journals in respect of monthly payrolls.
- Day to day operation of small CIS schemes (up to 10 subcontractors) using excel software and submission via HMRC website.
- Registration and closure of PAYE/CIS schemes.
- Implementation of auto-enrolment for clients.
- Notification to HMRC of taxable benefits in kind.
- Checking client PAYE coding notices.
- Assistance with the firmâ€™s internal accounts operations.
- Potentially some book-keeping for clients.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a detailed knowledge of all aspects of payroll and will either have worked previously in a professional accountancy practice or payroll bureau.
Some accountancy skills would also be useful.
The skills required by the successful candidate include:
Strong analytical skills and a high level of numeracy.
Good organisational and planning skills.
Excellent written and verbal communication.
The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
Good attention to detail and accuracy.
The ability to be a team player.