Helpdesk Team Leader
At Southbank-IT we aim to deliver the best service to our clients specialising in professional IT strategic consultancy, cloud services, telephony, connectivity and security for small and medium sized organisations. Our solutions are backed up by a quality support service using smart technology to pro-actively monitor client systems and solutions. If you aim to be the best and deliver expectional support and able to bring new skills and expertise to the team then this may be the role for you...
Leading the helpdesk and support team by ensuring customer SLA agreements are met. Supporting 1st and 2nd line team members by mentoring, training and being a point of escalation. This role will also require the candidate to travel to various sites around London performing up to 3rd line support as well as product/service installations.
Duties and Key Responsibilties
- Performing onsite maintenance days for customers.
- Onsite installs of Desktops, Laptops, WAPs, software roll outs.
- Responsible for meeting our 1 hour onsite SLA for resolve issues that cannot be resolved remotely.
- Providing desktop\server support over the phone, via remote access tools and on site when required.
- To configure, test, support and maintain a varied range of hardware including Servers, Desktops, Laptops, Printers, Mobile phones and Tablet computers.
- Take ownership and resolve issues that have been escalated from 1st and 2nd line.
- Responsible for managing the customer backup check procedure.
- Responsible for keeping the internal asset logs up to date.
- Ensuring the support calls are handled by the team and completed within the relevant SLA.
- Complete part movements Goods received and Outgoing goods to customer sites for projects. (RMA generation & physical movement) in a timely manner, returning items as required.
- Achieve KPI targets to include but not conclusive to 1st time fix.
- To document all faults and resolutions, accurately and systematically to meet standards and ensure that all user problems are escalated appropriately and users are informed on progress.
- To report details of all hardware/software items that has been installed/removed so that configuration management records are complete and up to date.
- Manage, mentor and support the 1st and 2nd Line team members and provide internal training
Required Knowledge and Skills
- 4 years minimum experience in an IT support role
- 2 years minimum in a team leader role
- Windows Server and Apple Mac architectures
- Knowledge in software and hardware firewalls.
- Active Directory Management
- Centralised Anti-virus management.
- Microsoft Exchange administration
- Networked Printers
- Networking fundamentals (switching/cabling/DHCP
- Mobile Technology (iPhone, Android and Blackberry deployments and support)
Deserable Skills but not essential
- MCTS or MCITP, MCSE qualifications are an advantage.
- Familiar with the remote monitoring tool LabTech.
- Familiar with the Technology recording software ConnectWise.
- Knowledge of VMWare and Hyper-V