Procurement Manager, Greenfield Site - Essex
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Procurement Manager or Purchasing Manager to join a rapidly growing external services business.
This is a crucial strategic role and the chance to join a well-established business at a pivotal point in its growth. The successful applicant will enjoy a considerable degree of autonomy in delivering the procurement strategy, introducing and manage full SRM across the business and in general streamlining the procurement function.
You will be a strategic procurement specialist with experience working across multiple categories and you will be required to take the lead on overall procurement-related matters across the business to ensure value is optimised and service delivery is achieved.
- Ability to work in a 'greenfield' procurement environment, establishing and driving process adherence and challenging stakeholders where appropriate
- Strategic and tactical approach to cost management, using innovative thinking to drive savings through means other than simple cost reduction
- Ability to assimilate information from multiple sources, to challenge and quickly assess validity to understand the true nature of a situation
- Degree in a technical field (desirable) - Business Administration, Finance, or other related subject or equivalent work experience
- Appropriate operational procurement experience
- Experience and confidence in contract negotiation
- Strong numeracy, negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate Procurement Best Practice
- Experience of a supply chain for a large multi-site operation
- Ability to reconcile conflicting demands, delivering multiple projects to deadlines
- Confidence working in a fast paced environment
If you fulfil the above criteria and would like to be considered for this position, please apply now for more details including a full job spec.