Head of Project Management Office - Head of PMO
We’re seeking an ambitious and experienced Project Office Manager to lead a rapidly expanding team at our Blackpool Head Office. You’ll have a range of skills acquired from managing a Project Office, which includes the following:
- You’ll have a solid background in Project Office Management.
- Able to manage and prioritise projects within a large change portfolio.
- Enjoys the challenge of working with stakeholders to define projects and provide some of the answers to the challenges facing a transforming business.
- Excited about the prospect of helping to mentor project managers on a range of varied projects. This can range from the production of web applications, through to business restructuring and the latest in mobile application projects.
- Experience with the (Not for Profit) NFP sector is desirable but not essential when applying for the role.
Highly motivated, you’ll be responsible for leading the PMO. This will include:
- Responsible and accountable for the successful delivery of projects within the FSB portfolio.
- Capacity planning for members of the team and the allocation of resources across the operations of the PMO. This includes, testing, business analysis, change, project and programme management.
- Meet the project reporting needs of the business.
- Assure project quality by continuing to develop the in-house project and programme management methodologies.
- Degree Calibre (achieved through formal qualification or equivalent organisational experience)
- Recognised project management accreditation
- Ability to influence other teams within the department and senior stakeholders
- Man management skills, project and line management
- Use of appropriate tools (MS Project, MS Office etc.)
- Strong communicator, verbal and written
- This role requires the post holder to be willing and able to undertake regular travel to attend functions and events across the UK, including evening and occasional weekend work.
- Job holder must have a full valid UK driving licence and an appropriate road worthy vehicle for business use.
As experts in business, we offer our members a wide range of vital business services, including advice, financial expertise, support and a powerful voice in government. Our aim is to help smaller businesses achieve their ambitions.
Established over 40 years ago to help our members succeed in business, we are a non-profit making organisation that’s run by members, for members.
Members get an exclusive package of great value business services including advice, financial products and support. These cover a wide range of benefits such as tax, legal and HR, local network groups, business banking and mentoring.
We don’t only provide fantastic membership benefits - FSB is also the UK’s leading business campaigner, focused on delivering change which supports smaller businesses to grow and succeed. Our lobbying arm starts with the work of our team in Westminster which focuses on UK and English policy issues. Further to this, our expert teams in Glasgow, Cardiff and Belfast work with governments, elected members and decision-makers in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
All applicants must be able to provide at interview stage their highest education certificates as listed on their CV and verification of their eligibility to work in the UK
The policy of FSB is that all job applicants and employees shall be given equal opportunities in all the areas of employment. This means that job applicants and employees will not receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, colour, race, ethnic origin, religious beliefs or disability. Neither will they be disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be relevant to the job
Applicants are advised to apply early, we reserve the right to close a vacancy prior to the closing date if a high number of applications are received. If you are successful and short listed for interview you will be contacted by email.