Finance Manager - Engineering
Edward Mann are recruiting for a Finance Manager position on behalf of a leading Engineering Group based near Canary Wharf.
This position will provide leadership in all aspects of management accounting, preparation of plans, budgets and forecast, attending financial review meetings, analysing contract performance and identifying opportunities for margin improvement.
This client can offer fantastic opportunity for career development.
The following are essential requirements for this role:
- Manage a team of 3 people, including day-to-day communication and motivation as well as succession planning and performance management.
- Carry out continuous reviews of working accounting practices and processes to ensure efficient and cost-effective operations.
- Produce financial statements including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, monthly management accounts, variance analysis and commentaries.
- Assist in the production of the annual budget and periodic forecasting.
- Provide management reporting for decision-making, including project appraisal, evaluation and post-implementation analysis.
- Ongoing review of cash flow and production of forecasts.
- Produce annual statutory accounts in management accounts format.
- Calculation, presentation and payment of VAT.
- Negotiating on major projects, loans and grants.
- Manage capital expenditure.
- Report on company assets and liabilities including balance sheet account reconciliations and review of intangible assets.
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulations.
- Prepare client Fee Certificate and review float reconciliations before submission to client.
- Ensuring all external and internal audit matters are addressed.
- Undertaking ad-hoc projects within the contract as required.
- Point of contact for Finance and Stock Management interface.
Candidate experience required:
- Experience in a similar level position
- Part-qualified or Qualified
- Experience in Engineering, Construction, or similar sectors is desirable, but not essential.
For more information please apply ASAP.
Edward Mann Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Edward Mann Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.