Data & Systems Manager
A Data & Systems Manager is required at a Large Public Sector client in Salford for an initial 2 Month contract (Contract will be extended).
The client is transforming from a product centric to a customer centric and data driven organisation. To make this happen it is important that the client has clear ownership and governance over the data it holds in order to ensure that it is fit for the purposes the client is putting it to, both internally and externally.
The current approach of a process owner owning the data does not support the new the client business model, which is customer centric and requires data to be used across processes.
The change in approach to storing and using data will take time, being built by the individual elements of the transformation programme. However, the projects are already underway and beginning to make decisions on how best store and use data. Therefore, it is important that we begin to change data governance now, making sure that transformation decisions are based on knowledge of the new ways of working.
Key Tasks and Deliverables
• Documentation of roles and responsibilities within the Data Governance organisation
• Identification of data owners
• Support in the development of the data steward network
• Mapping of required roles to the client resource and development of a plan to transition
• Alignment with GDPR / DPO requirements
• Identification, development and documentation of policies and processes to support the Data Governance ambition
Key Knowledge and Skills (Experience):
• Experience of working in a similar role
• Ability to communicate technical concepts in an in an easily understandable way to non-data experts
• Experience of effectively coordinating across multiple stakeholders in a data focused role
• Confidence to influence stakeholders
This role is inside IR35.
Job closes 14/2/18 at 11:00am
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business