fdu is recruiting a Financial Controller for a c£80m t/o client based in Surrey; the recruitment of this position has been driven by a significant acquisition which has doubled the client’s annual revenue in a very short space of time.
- Management of all accounting operations i.e. Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable; ensuring a fast and accurate month-end close;
- Leading a small finance team, monitoring performance and continuous development of the personnel;
- Overseeing bank reconciliations and VAT Returns;
- Reviewing all balance sheet reconciliations;
- Preparation of profit and loss and balance sheet;
- Preparing monthly management accounts including commentary and variance analysis;
- Production of accurate and timely annual statutory accounts;
- Preparation for year-end Audit;
- Liaising with external parties i.e. Auditors, HMRC and banks;
- Improving financial reporting and controls.
Skills and Experience:
- A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent), with strong academics.
- Five + years post qualification experience gained in a financial leadership role ideally in a high volume transactional environment;
- Technically strong with large company (best practice training) combined with SME experience;
- Strong reporting systems knowledge;
- Successful change management / financial transformation experience would be a benefit;
- A strong leader, confident presenting at Board level.