Category Manager - Construction
My client are recruiting fir an experienced Category Manager accountable for the overall management Construction spend category and its associated business unit. This is a fantastic opportunity to lead a strong team as the organisation focuses on implementing its ambitious business growth strategy.
My client provides a range of national procurement and community regeneration services to a large number of public sector organisations. My client is extremely proud to have delivered multimillion pounds of savings through the procurement process.
- Leading a business unit and being the ultimate technical expert for the Construction spend category,
- Providing overall management direction and accountability for the category, frameworks, supply chain
- Delivering high levels of quality and member satisfaction that engender repeat business
- Ability to effectively build key relationships and high levels of loyalty
- Performing consistently against income targets
- Having control over expenditure to maximise the contribution to profit from the Construction business unit;
- Ensuring members benefit from best value through the procurement tender process, and receive qualified evidence to support the outcome.
- Must be a highly motivated individual
- Exceptional leadership and motivational qualities
- Significant technical expertise working in a built environment category.
- Excellent track record of target setting, performance management and line management
- The successful candidate will be experienced in working for public sector organisations
- To be able to develop and implement business planning processes in addition to identifying
- Engaging and influencing a wide range of stakeholders both internally and externally
- Strong commercial acumen is a must
- understanding is benificial
My client is looking to offer a base salary of up to £60k + competitive package for the ideal candidate