Activities Coordinator - Primrose Croft
Excelcare is a family owned care business which has been established for over 25 years. Our vision is to continually be a leading provider of high quality care which exceeds the expectations of the people living within our service.
We are looking for an Activities Coordinator to join the Excelcare family at Primrose Croft, Cambridge.
What you can expect:
Up to £7.70 p/h Mon-Fri, plus Weekend and Bank holiday enhancements.
Key duties are:
- Select and run interesting and targeted activities to enhances the lives of our residents (for example music, exercise sessions, games, quizzes, arts and crafts, trips ad outings)
- Plan outings for residents, liaising with staff and external organisations
- Encourage residents to take daily walks, if possible, and to avoid sitting indoors all day
- Ensure the Home has a selection of appropriate activity materials available at all times
- To encourage socialising across the Units
- Cover outings or special events outside your normal working hours (desirable)
- To promote links within the local community and schools
- To lead SONAS therapy
- Experience within a relevant role working with elderly client group and/or working within a care home environment/setting
- Six months experience working with elderly client group
- Experience caring for an elderly client group with dementia
- Knowledge of community resource
- Creative, innovative and enthusiastic with a good sense of humour
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Politeness at all times when dealing with Residents as well as Colleagues
- 28 Days holiday including Bank holidays
- Time and a half payment for bank holiday working
- Refer a Friend Scheme rewarding up to £600 for every person you refer (https://en-GB/page/employee-refer)
- DBS Certificate paid by Excelcare
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Annual Salary Review
- Paid study leave
- Long service awards
- Career development pathways through the Excelcare Training Academy
- Comprehensive Induction Programme
- Funded Qualifications via the apprenticeship programme (where required)
- Contributory Eye Test Vouchers
- Paid uniform
- Employee of the Month and the Excelcare Awards - Recognition of our committed people across the business for a job very well done.
If you are interested in the position or would initially like to find out more information, we'd like to hear from you. Please apply online or contact one of the Recruitment Team today on - we look forward to hearing from you.
Excelcare are an equal opportunities employer.
*Subject to terms and conditions