Finance/Business Manager, Hatton Garden, highly successful Retail Jeweller, c£50K, Ref 1551
Finance/Business Manager, Hatton Garden, highly successful Retail Jeweller, c.£50K, Ref 1551
Our client is a highly successful, family run Retail Jeweller based in Hatton Garden with a global online reach. They are now seeking a highly experienced Finance/Business Manager who enjoys working in small businesses and can evolve the role to take responsibility for a number of areas such as IT systems, HR, website and facilities.
Reporting to the MD, who is often not in the country, this is a wide ranging role working in a small team of six. There is genuine potential to develop and evolve the role over time. This is a position that requires total trust, honesty and integrity working in a high value environment.
• Understanding the Diamantis Stock Control System, how invoices/credit notes are generated, posting receipts/payments, managing outstanding sales invoice list and exporting invoices to Sage
• Using Sage to import sales invoices from Diamantis. Posting monies received/paid out, suppliers, inter account transfers and currency accounts
• Managing bank account/credit card reconciliations
• VAT returns
• Management Reporting
• Processing monthly PAYE payroll
• Processing auto-enrolment pension payments
• Managing maintenance contracts for security systems and doors, (internal and external), CCTV and Fog Bandit
• Managing insurances and ensuring adequate premises/stock/security cover, specific polices if item is loaned to celebrities
• Managing external support contracts for IT systems
• Maintaining the telephone system, broadband links and performance
• HR - employment contracts, coordinating holiday periods, Christmas/New Year, Easter and summer holidays
• Keeping up to date with technological advances with regards to laptops, i-pads, mobile phones, image capture and video animations
• Managing security passwords in relation to access bank accounts, merchants, 1st Dibs
• Maintaining the fabric of the building, internally and externally
This role is key to managing Finance and facilitating the smooth operation of the business where a calm, capable and tactful approach is required. Ideally familiar with Sage or similar and experienced in a small business finance role where experience within Retail is desirable. A technically capable candidate with an appetite to learn what they don’t already know, they will have a passion for all aspects of running a small business and will have a high level of individual initiative and creativity. They will be highly organised and take pride in helping to grow the business.
Terms and Conditions
Standard working week is 37.5 hours.
Auto-enrolment pension and Bupa healthcare after successfully completing the 3 month probation period.
A generous holiday is provided but needs to be taken during certain periods: 2018 holiday dates - Easter 5pm 29th March to 7th April, Summer 5pm 11th August to 1st September, and Christmas either 5pm 22nd or mid-afternoon 24th December (TBC) to 5th January 2019
Salary: c.£ 50K - depending on skills and experience