SEN Teaching Assistant ASD
Are you an experienced SEND learning assistant? Or, are you a strong learning assistant in the maintained sector who has a passion for working with SEND pupils? Are you seeking a new challenge?
Remedy Education currently requires talented and passionate learning assistants for a range of different opportunities within SEND schools around the South East London area. As these roles will entail working with pupils with PMLD , including ASD and challenging behaviours , previous experience working in SEND schools is ideal but not essential.
Ideally, you will;
- Be able to commit to a full-time role, 5 days a week
- Have previous experience working with children, or young adults, with different educational needs
- A good knowledge of the national curriculum or confident in supporting small groups with particular subject/s (e.g. numeracy, literacy booster groups)
- Cable of dealing with challenging behaviour, promoting focus, classroom management and on-going 1:1 support where necessary
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- General knowledge/understanding of ASD and PMLD, and the approaches required to facilitate complete access to the curriculum for these pupils
As a learning support assistant, you will support and facilitate pupil's academic, social and personal development. This will include working with pupils within small groups or on a 1:1 basis by supporting, and collaborating with, the class teacher to facilitate pupils complete access to the curriculum.
Remedy Education offers all Learning Support Assistants:
- Excellent rates of pay
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants
- A wide variety of different positions, both day to day and long term
- Continued support through all placements
- Free CPD courses
If this role is of interest to you, please feel free to contact Carly at Remedy Education