Who we are
Capita plc is a FTSE 100 business and the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 74,000 staff across the UK, Ireland, Europe, South Africa, India and other centres globally with clients spanning the private and public sectors. The majority of business involves the delivery of complex business transformations, customer service delivery and large scale ICT and digital solutions.
As Capita's transformation experts, we deliver benefits across the most complex programmes in Europe helping organisations improve what they do and what they can achieve. Our programmes are typically outcome-based and can include the majority of our client organisations within their scope. We work with organisations in both the public and private sectors, including central and local government, justice, security, financial services, retail, utilities and defence.
Location- This role is flexible and can be based either in London or Glouchestershire
Project Manager- Managing Consultant
You will be expected to work collaboratively with the Developers, Architects and Project professionals to deliver to the highest quality. Due to the nature of the role you should currently hold a high level of security clearance or be happy and eligible to go through the clearance process.
Project Manager assignments are likely to involve:
- Automating and integrating the entirety of end-to-end customer journeys
- Working on portfolios of customer journeys that span entire operating divisions
- Defining new ways for customers to engage using the latest technology
- Redesigning the way services are designed and run to meet the above
- Analyse data and information to help inform metrics, benefits and solution development
- Support DILO sessions
- Process mapping (As-Is, To-Be)
- Development of requirements and user stories
- Liaison with Sprint teams to manage requirements through sprint - where required
- Facilitate regular meetings with project team, sponsors, and stakeholders. Solicit stakeholder feedback to validate priorities
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable and practical experience of Agile principles and project management practices.
- Experience of promoting Agile and managing stakeholders who don't understand or appreciate Agile.
- Digitally literate and capable of effectively engaging with technical staff.
- Excellent presentation, collaboration and negotiation skills.
- A logical approach to problem solving and the ability to generate ideas and solutions
- Ability to cope with competing demands and to prioritise tasks
- Current DV clearance or happy/eligible to obtain it
- Experience of methodologies and approaches to Digital Transformation
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both written and orally
- Excellent personal organiser and multi-tasker
- Ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels of an organisation
Having a truly diverse workforce is essential for our success. We welcome applications from everyone - regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, ethnic background, faith or disability.
If you are interested in this role, please do not hesitate to get in touch. To make an application please follow the link to send your details across.
The selection process usually involves a brief telephone interview- typically a 30-40 minute, informal discussion about your suitability which is followed by a technical interview. This is a chance for us to probe your technical expertise, with one of our subject matter experts supported by a case study which will encourage quick but composed thinking.