Service Desk Analyst
Due to continuous growth one of the most prestigious groups of schools in the area is looking for a Service Desk Analyst. This is an opportunity for someone with a proven experience of working in a Service Desk environment (1st or 2nd line support role) to join a fantastic team. Ideally you will have previous experience of working in a school environment.
The Service Desk Analyst will:
- Provide a responsive, efficient and customer focused ICT Service Desk function for all staff.
- Ensure that service levels are achieved according to service agreements and that customers’ expectations are met or exceeded;
- Build and maintain services relationship with customers.
- Track incidents to conclusion in line with SLAs and quality standards.
- Manage critical customer incidents, associated to customer communication, activities and any appropriate escalations;
- Act as a single point of contact for phone calls and emails from staff regarding IT issues and queries.
- Log, prioritise and, where possible, resolve support calls from staff in accordance with agreed policies and procedures. Where necessary, assign calls to other members of the ICT Support Team to ensure all faults and service requests are dealt with in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Take ownership of any calls received by the ICT Service Desk, chase up outstanding calls and follow up completed calls to ensure staff are satisfied and receive a quality service.
- 1st and 2nd line support - troubleshooting of IT related problems from in-house software to hardware, such as Blackberrys, Laptops, PCs and Printers.
- Ensure that all daily Service Desk procedures are completed and recorded. Log, prioritise and assign any issues that require further investigation or support.
- Provide basic in-house training in MS Office applications used within the organisation (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Keep up to date with software and hardware developments in order to provide a professional service to all callers.
- Contribute to ICT process improvement and the ongoing development of internal procedures to ensure best practice in ICT Service Management.
- Complete a range of administrative tasks, such as maintaining asset lists and preparing Service Desk reports that enable the ICT operation to run efficiently.
- Any other reasonable duties, as specified by the Service Delivery Manager.
Education and Skills
- Excellent customer service skills and communication skills, including written and verbal
- ITIL Knowledge
- MCP certification desirable.
- Ability to think creatively and problem solve
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent telephone manner
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Ability to learn knowledge of new systems quickly and apply them in the work environment
- Purchasing and dealing with receipt and invoices for ICT equipment and services
- Experience of leading in a Service Desk environment.
- Use of a Service Desk Management Tool
- Previous experience of supporting a school environment
- Microsoft Active Directory, Office 365 and Exchange Server administration
- Installing and supporting Windows 7/8/10 operating systems
- Installing and supporting Microsoft Office 10/13/16
- LAN/WAN components, DNS, DHCP
- Remote access support tools, such as GoToAssist, VNC or Remote Desktop
- Good knowledge of SIMS.net
- Flexible working, travel to support remote sites / branch offices.
- Experience of working in a Service Desk environment (1st or 2nd line support role).
- Experience of in a small team.
Due to safeguarding requirements, you will need to be able to pass Criminal Record Background check.
Apply in the strictest of confidence to Quality Personnel (acting as an Employment Agency and Business), based in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire.
Specialists in Permanent, Contract & Temporary Recruitment, covering; Industrial, Office & Engineering.
If we do not respond within 48 hours it's means you've not been successful at this time.
Please keep up-to-date with all of our jobs and please follow us on LinkedIn, like us on Facebook and sign-up for job alerts on our own website www.qualitypersonnel.co.uk
Thanks for reading :)