Technical Sales Engineer
We are looking for a creative and talented sales engineer with the following skill set:
• Serves customers by identifying their needs; producing technical quotations, going after new markets,
engineering adaptations of products, equipment, and services.
• Identifies current and future customer product and service requirements by establishing a personal
rapport with potential and actual customers.
• Provides product information, service, and technical engineering support to clients.
• Establishes new accounts and services existing accounts by identifying potential customers; planning
and organizing a weekly sales call schedule.
• Prepares cost estimates by studying CAD drawings, product bills of material, plans, and related
customer documents; consulting with engineers at all locations, and other professional and technical
• Identifies potential product improvements by analyzing equipment, supplies, or service applications in
the customer environment; engineering or proposing changes in equipment, processes, or use of
materials or services.
• Provides customer service by commissioning equipment, training customer personnel and
demonstrating expertise with relation to our products.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing
professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-term issues that must
be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to product improvement; recommending
options and courses of action; implementing directives.
• Participates in trade shows, conferences, and expositions related to our industry.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Industrial selling
• Problem solving
• Product knowledge & Development
• Selling to customer needs
• Presentation skills
• Technical understanding
• Excellent verbal communication
• Technical writing for quotations
• Sales or Selling methodology courses
• Proven sales and marketing skills
• Technical Quotations, spread sheet costing analysis
• Engineering Degree or Engineering Diploma
• Extra Electrical and Mechanical technical courses
• Experience in Drives and Controls or Power Transmission.
• Experience with heavy duty industrial brake applications, Mechanical and Electrical.