Sales Ledger Clerk
Sales Ledger Clerk wanted in Hemel Hempstead.
Here at Optionis, we have a range of award winning accountancy and contractor support brands who lead in their field. We're dedicated to attracting and nurturing the best talent from those first steps right through to your long term career goals. A career with Optionis means the chance to develop your existing skills as well as learning new ones.
Due to expansion we are currently looking for a Sales Ledger Clerk to join our finance team where you will be responsible for maintaining accurate and up to date sales ledger and cash book for the Group.
- Open new client accounts.
- Posting of the first invoice for new clients.
- Ensuring the client is entered into the appropriate billing cycle.
- Posting daily sales receipts.
- Taking client's credit card payments by telephone & posting them to SAGE.
- Any amendments to client data i.e. addresses.
- Processing of direct debit mandates received.
- Daily entry of new direct debts
- Assist with credit control and monthly direct debit reconciliations, as required.
- Prepare weekly bank reports and post cash book entries on a regular basis (eg at least weekly).
- Assist in other ad-hoc administrative, reporting and financial tasks as requested by the CFO, FC and billing and credit control manager in order to produce the monthly finance team deliverables.
- Cover other members of staff as and when required.
- Intermediate on Excel
- Ideally Cash Book Experience or working as a Sales Ledger
- Bookkeeping knowledge
- knowledge of SAGE 200 and Direct Debit mandate
We want you to be equipped with the best skills to build your career and we take our commitment to providing you with the best tools possible very seriously. This includes access to the best training and development opportunities and time off to undertake further study.
This role would suit someone who is looking for a career in finance or looking to expand their Credit Controller experience.