Curtiss-Wright are recruiting for multiple Assembler opportunities to support growth at our new facility at Bournemouth International Airport. These are full-time, 12 month fixed term contracts with the opportunity of the positions becoming permanent for successful applicants.
The positions exist within our Integrated Sensors Business Unit where we manufacture high precision and high quality position sensors and solenoids for the Aerospace industry.
- Full training will be given to all successful candidates.
- Immediate interviews and start dates available working directly for the company.
- Four and a half day work week (37 hours Monday to Friday)
- Other benefits include but not limited to; free parking, pension, life assurance and an annual incentive plan!
- Operate in various Production Cells performing product assembly, repair and test functions
- Operate a "right first time/every time" and "zero defects" philosophy strategy within the department.
- Comply with all Quality Management System (QMS) requirements
- Perform visual inspection and Final Release to authorised levels
- Ensure all necessary Test Equipment/Tooling being utilised is available and within calibration
- Comply with all Health and Safety requirements
- Fully contribute to achieving Business Unit KPI (Key Performance Indicator) targets
Your Skills and Experience:
- Able to perform a variety of tasks, including soldering, mechanical assembly, crimping and wiring and fine work
- Experience within an electronic/mechanical manufacturing environment advantageous.
- Able to read and understand drawings and technical instructions.
- With instruction, use departments' process and test equipment/machines.
- Team player, with good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Good attention to detail, working either as an individual or as part of a team to produce products high in quality and workmanship in the timescales required.
- Flexible to meet the needs of the business.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the UK/EU through completion of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) application. In the event information provided on the BPSS application reveals ineligibility to access US export controlled information, any offer of employment may be withdrawn.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Transform Your Tomorrow...Today at Curtiss-Wright
At Curtiss-Wright, you have the opportunity to transform the way our customers do business, as well as transform your career. Our entrepreneurial environment provides our employees with excellent experiences that enable them to develop their skills through stretch assignments and the opportunity to work with the best talent in the industry. At Curtiss-Wright, you will have the opportunity to contribute from day one - and that's just the beginning of how we help you transform your tomorrow.
Curtiss-Wright Corporation (NYSE:CW) is a global innovative company that delivers highly engineered, critical function products and services to the commercial, industrial, defense and energy markets. Building on the heritage of Glenn Curtiss and the Wright brothers, Curtiss-Wright has a long tradition of providing reliable solutions through trusted customer relationships. The company employs approximately 10,000 people worldwide, and has a turnover of over $2.5 billion per annum.