Purchase Ledger Clerk
- Full Time
PURCHASE LEDGER CLERK
We have a great opportunity for either a graduate or strong AAT candidate looking to develop a career in finance and accountancy. For the right candidate we will support an assisted study package and facilitate opportunities to work across the finance team to further develop your skills. We are a small, close knit team that support each other, working collaboratively to deliver first class service. We are not a typical finance department. For starters we are not dull or boring, we are forward thinking and innovative and we take pride in delivering and maintaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Inputting of purchase invoices - goods/services/expenses
- Ensuring that all invoices are received and paid on time according to company policies and agreed payment terms
- Setting up of new supplier accounts and maintaining existing account details
- Ensuring that all purchase ledger details are correct before processing to the purchase ledger
- Regular reconciliations of supplier statements to ensure that the ledgers are up to date, and accurate
- Documenting and resolving any discrepancies and/or errors found during the processing of purchase invoices to the purchase ledger
- Liaising with suppliers regarding queries arising from the supplier statement reconciliations and other internal checks, ensuring credit is received for discrepancies agreed by suppliers
- Responsible for collating payment runs via the bacs system
- Reviewing staff expenses ensuring all back-up and approvals are provided, and correctly coded before processing for payment in line with company policies
- Collation and filing of records and invoices in an orderly manner
- Being first point of contact for all relevant enquiries from suppliers, and internal customers
- Ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures taking into account legislative and regulatory responsibilities
- Generally assisting the Purchase Ledger Manager to ensure the integrity of the purchase ledger, involvement in projects impacting the area and/or other reasonable duties as requested
- You should be a team player with a positive "can-do" attitude, hard-working and willing to learn
- A strong communicator with excellent telephone manner; you will be able to gain commitment from suppliers and colleagues at all levels
- Able to plan and prioritise own work load to meet conflicting, varied and demanding deadlines
- Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information with excellent attention to detail and a "right first time" mentality
- IT literate - proficient in use of MS Office including advanced MS Excel skills e.g. pivot tables, v-look-ups and filters
- Knowledge and experience of the purchase ledger cycle to include processing reconciliations and payments is essential along with accurate data input skills
- A knowledge of financial accounting systems and staff expenses systems, e.g. Navision and Expense on Demand would be an advantage
Experience & Qualifications
- A formal qualification in finance or accountancy or evidence of working towards ACCA/AAT/CIMA or equivalent is essential
We regret to inform you that due to the high volume of applications we are unable to reply to everyone.
If your application is successful we will contact you within 5 working days.
If unfortunately you do not hear from us please feel free to apply for future roles.