Interim Governance Manager
Interim Governance Manager
£20ph - £25ph (depending on experience)3 to 6 months
An exciting opportunity has risen to work for a leading professional regulatory body based in the heart of Central London. Dedicated to advancing their particular within healthcare. The ideal candidate will be able to provide secretariat support to Council/Committee/Board Level and have an understanding of governance within the public sector.
- Providing secretariat support for Council/Committees/other fora, including liaison with Council and Executive members; producing forward business and decision-making schedules; agenda planning; collating and quality assuring agenda papers; report writing; producing minutes and following up on agreed actions; and ensuring the smooth conduct of business, including all logistical and other arrangements.
- A range of governance activities, including development and review of governance policies and processes; maintaining the registers of member and Director interests and gift registers; recruitment and appointment of Council and Committee members; devising and supporting member induction and development programmes; implementing the outcomes of annual effectiveness reviews; developing the governance handbook and relevant website pages.
Knowledge and experience
- Extensive experience of public sector governance, providing high quality member support services and undertaking secretariat functions for Council/Committee/Executive level meetings, including producing public minutes of open meetings.
- Proven experience of working with a wide variety of people at all levels, up to, and including Council and Executive directors.
- Experience of working in a politically sensitive environment and with confidential material
- Proven experience of people and budget management
Skills and abilities
- Excellent minute-taking and written communication skills, able to tailor communications for a wide variety of audiences.
- Exceptional time management, planning, prioritisation and organisational skills
- Ability to secure the confidence of Council members, Directors and senior officers and provide authoritative advice on governance matters
This is a fantastic opportunity for a governance candidate with an immediate start. Please get in touch ASAP.
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.