Field Commissioning Engineer - PLC Programmer - Homebased
We have a brand new position for a talented Commissioning Engineer / Field Service Engineer which a background in supporting capital equipment / special purpose machinery. This position is home based and will require extensive travel, 85% will be within the UK. You will have previous experience in maintenance, support, installation of electro-mechanical machines and you must be comfortable doing PLC / HMI programming (Siemens S7 / Allen Bradley / Ladder / Sigmatek / etc) for retrofits.
Responsibilities of Field Commissioning Engineer - PLC Programmer - Homebased
As a Field Service Engineer you will be part of the support team who are responsible for the following;
* Resolve technical problems and answer customers' queries;
* Train customers in the operation and maintenance of equipment;
* Recommend the purchase of services or spare parts to customers;
* Perform maintenance, prevention and after-sale service when needed.
* Perform Program changes, implement retrofits.
* Provide technical training on equipment use to the customer and its employees;
* Produce various daily activity reports.
* College training in instrumentation and automation or in electromechanics, industrial maintenance or electrodynamics;
* All combination of professional experiences and training would be an asset;
* Good experience in programming ( Siemens S7 / Siemens TIA / SEW frequency drives )
* Experience in programming Sigmatek is a big asset
* Experience with Fanuc Robots, an asset
* Ability to work with electrical, mechanical and pneumatic components, and with PLCs
* Availability to travel mostly UK and Europe
* Team player with flexible attitude
* Driver license Excellent communications skills
Location: Nationwide (home based)
Salary: £35k - £45k + Expenses + Travel Allowance + Car + Phone + Laptop + tools