Systems Engineer IT
Our vision is to be the communications supplier and employer of choice. As one of the fastest growing privately owned technology businesses in the UK, we will continue to accelerate our growth by bringing together the best technical minds in the marketplace with unrivalled and innovative unified communications solutions and internet services for businesses.
We are currently looking for an experienced Systems Engineer with a range of IT infrastructure skills to join our IT Services team in Chorley.
IT Services supply, install and support a wide range of IT infrastructure solutions to our customers including virtualisation solutions, servers, storage, wired and wireless networking, firewalls and provide ongoing support for customers IT environments.
As a service provider this role is customer facing so excellent communication skills and ability to interact well with customers is imperative. Although primarily an office based role, there will be nationwide travel with occasional overnight stays. Pool vehicles will be provided as required.
Candidate Requirements: As a Systems Engineer IT your main responsibilities will include:
- Supporting existing customer systems & new project delivery
- Logging calls, investigating and communicating with customers through to resolution of the issue.
- Project work - installing new hardware for new/existing customers
- Configuration, documentation and delivering projects whilst maintaining existing support commitments
What we are looking for:
- Flexibility as out of hours work will occasionally be required to meet customer requirements
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills and a problem solving, solution based mentality
- An effective team player with a precise approach with close attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills
- Customer focused with excellent relationship building skills, with both supplies and colleagues.
- Service desk or internal IT Support experience
- Virtualisation (VMware including VSphere and/or Hyper-V)
- Microsoft - 2008/2012/2016 Server
- Active Directory - Group policy, DHCP, DNS etc
- Exchange 2003-2016
- Enterprise Backup Solutions (Veeam/Data Protector/Backup Exec or similar)
- SQL 2005-2016
- HP San Storage Systems - iSCSI/Fibre
- Microsoft RDS
- Sonicwall/watchguard/Fortigate Firewalls
Job Additional Information:
What you’ll gain:
- Experience working within a fast paced office environment
- Exposure to a wide variety of tasks and project work
- Continuous personal development, training in software and job relevant accreditations
- Work life balance
- Firm understanding of IT Infrastructure