Reporting into the Maintenance Manager, as a Maintenance Fitter you will be a key member of the maintenance team.
Our client based in Swansea are part of a global manufacturing group who supply their products into multiple sectors. They are currently searching for highly motivated Maintenance Tradesmen.
As a Maintenance Fitter your responsibilities will include:
- Always work in accordance with the company's Health and Safety policy
- Provide first hand maintenance support for all process and facilities breakdowns.
- Provide planned preventative maintenance support in line with PPM Schedule.
- Support Maintenance team in the delivery of agreed objectives.
- Maintain professional development and industry compliance.
- Track the maintenance requirement as per agreed schedule.
- Analyse and resolve work problems, or assist workers to resolve theirs.
- Work with and support Maintenance Supervision to keep accurate records of activity.
- Work to maintenance schedules and estimate worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Recommend ways to improve maintenance methods, equipment performance, and quality of equipment.
- Ensure best practice in the workplace organisation and apply Lean principals including 5s and 'Waste' analysis across the department to promote a culture of continuous improvement and 'right first time'.
- Participate in improvement projects within the area to ensure that the most efficient and effective processes are available and utilised.
- The individual will be expected to work days or shifts in line with the department's requirements and work a reasonable amount of overtime during peak demands.
To be considered as Maintenance Fitter you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- The successful candidate will be a time served tradesman in a mechanical discipline.
- Ideally the candidate will be educated to HNC level or equivalent.
- Logical fault finding skills on both electrical and mechanical systems to establish route cause.
- You must be an excellent communicator and be able to plan and organise your time efficiently.
- The role requires a 'can do' attitude and a resilient personality, an individual who is prepared to take ownership and be accountable for their work, whether working as an individual or within a team.
Salary, bonus, pension, development