Financial Controller - Beauty
Exsurgo have been exclusively retained to recruit a Financial Controller by this international, beauty brand based in Central London.
This is an incredibly rare opportunity to join a renowned, growing brand with excellent career prospects for the successful candidate.
The plan now is to continue the international expansion in all key markets (US, Asia and Middle East) through a variety of different models & channels: direct to retail, distributor model, via a digital channel & anchored by retail outlets.
- Manage and develop a team of 2.
- Preparation of monthly Management Accounts, including Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow.
- Monthly review of departmental profit and loss statements, including store P&Ls, with retail area managers and heads of department to assess their profitability and track their progress against budget and past year results
- Coordinate, prepare and complete the annual budget, partnering with the wholesale, retail, marketing and sales teams.
- Treasury and cash management, including credit control, supplier payments and cash flow forecasting.
- Lead and manage the annual external audit.
- Responsible for all tax, statutory and VAT compliance.
- Oversee, administer and authorise UK, Irish and US payroll, including company pension scheme, for concession stores and head office. Work closely with the retail area managers and payroll providers to ensure compliance and accuracy.
- Suitable financial qualifications (ACA Top 10 firm only)
- Some (but not looking for extensive) industry experience in a Financial Accounting / Controls position
- Experience of working in a multi-channel retail / brand consumer-facing environment would be favourable
- Strong team player, able to manage other areas of the business as required in an entrepreneurial environment
- Strong, progressive, consistent CV (not looking for a contractor)