My client a prestigious organisation located in Petersfield are looking to recruit a Financial Modeller to work alongside the management team and report directly to the Head of FP&A. The role is forward looking and responsible for the company's business planning, ensuring plans are consistent with the business strategy / targets.
This role supports the senior stakeholders in its planning by producing the annual budget and forecast for the business.
The main requirements of the role are:Preparation of accurate and credible budget / forecast submissions partnering with the management team in the preparation of these plans.
- maintain and review the logic and operation of the current model offering up improvements where identified.
- Maintain and review the logic and operation of the current model offering up improvements where identified.
- The preparation of accurate business plans and forecasts with supporting analysis.
- To support the management team with analysis of departmental cost performance.
- To identify improvements and forward-looking metrics this may help better predict future performance.
- Review and evaluation of all planning assumptions used and challenging assumptions where necessary.
- Collaborate within the financial planning and analysis team to ensure that new initiatives and changes are agreed and included in the business plans.
- Preparation of scenario's and sensitivity analysis based on actual changes to the agreed planning assumptions with explanation to the management team of significant variations and the impact.
- Establish efficient operating standards ensuring all costs are controlled and monitored in accordance with approved budgets and in addition promoting a culture of cost consciousness throughout the company.
- Hold cost review meetings with department managers, presenting performance compared to plan and understanding the root cause of variances and how these may affect the full year forecast and future planning assumptions.
- Ad-hoc analysis and investigation as required.
- Participate in business improvement projects and new team initiatives as required.
The idea candidate will be qualified ACA/CIME/ACCA or equivalent with exceptional attention to detail. You will have the ability to investigate data, identify key trends and problem solve. Be experienced in building and maintaining whole-business forecasting models, with integrated Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet.
The selected individual will have a willingness to take on responsibility and work under their own initiative.If you are keen to be considered for this positon please send an up to date CV and a short covering letter to support your application, interview will be held week commencing 12th and 19th February 18.
Capita Professional Recruitment welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Professional Recruitment is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.