EMH Technology is an IT Managed Services provider based in Hitchin. We are a growing company and have been in business since 2005. We provide end-to-end IT services for our clients and pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service. We operate in a friendly manner and our focus is delivering for our clients when we say we are going to. A growing area of our business is web-based business application development and we are looking to grow the development team to support our list of projects.
This role will support the development of client web-based applications using a graphical development environment. This means that although a highly logical approach is required, manual coding skills are not essential. The successful applicant will gain experience of the underlying code by carrying out their own internal development projects in addition to supporting the development of client systems.
Typical tasks may include:
- Creating or modifying user interface pages using the graphical development environment.
- Creating or modifying database schemas to accommodate new requirements.
- Testing newly added functions to ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Documenting systems and creating web-based video guides.
- Troubleshooting issues methodically and finding solutions using your own initiative.
- Proactive and organised personality.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Comfortable working flexibly within a team and on your own.
- Ability to prioritise workload and complete tasks to deadlines.
- Excellent approach to customer service.
- At least five GCSEs (or equivalent) of grades A*-C (or new grading of 4-9) including Maths, English and IT/Science.
- Further education qualifications preferred or alternatively experience of working in a job with responsibility.
- Ideally experience of the following: SQL databases, vb.net, webhosting platforms such as IIS. Although would be willing to train the right candidate.
- Hours of work are 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, with 1 hour for lunch each day. Due to the nature of the position, you may be asked to work additional hours according to the needs of the business.
- Part time hours spread over four or five days would be considered.
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Free on-site parking.
- WorkSave Pension Plan available.