AV Operations Manager
AV Operations Manager
AVMI are the UK’s largest integrator and service provider of audio visual, video conferencing and digital media solutions.
Established over 25 years ago, we have global capabilities and hundreds of experienced staff implementing our systems in corporate, retail and public environments.
We employ over 400 members of staff across 6 locations internationally.
The AV Operations Manager’s prime function is to help manage, along with Head of AV Services, the commercial contract between AVMI and a major investment banks and to oversee the delivery of AV services across their new London HQ. The focus will be to manage and build the business through developing relationships with senior management, throughout the Bank and to manage monthly reporting and AVMI billing. The role will also seek to identify opportunities where AVMI can introduce service improvements and provide additional commercially viable solutions and services. Project management of small scale AV moves, upgrades and changes is also a key requirement, and will require coordination with stakeholders in the onsite Project team and Group Technology.
The AV Services team is made of two parts:
AV Support - a team of AV Support Technicians and Senior Technicians plus a Team Leader responsible for VIP support, day-to-day L1 support, TV Studio broadcasts, and operation of a Remote Monitoring Centre (RMC) and studio photography. This team will be managed by the AV Operations Manager.
AV Events - a team of AV Event Technicians plus Event Manager and Senior Event Manager supporting events in a number of specific spaces. This team will be managed by the Head of AV Services.
Duties and Responsibilities;
All services should be delivered with excellence and punctuality and in accordance with agreed Service Level Expectations. The AV Operations Manager is expected to oversee the effective overall management of the site(s) and make sure AV Support services are delivered in accordance with AVMI’s contractual obligations with the client. They are expected to work closely with the Head of AV Services to maintain world class service delivery levels and maintain complete and effective control of all P&L line items and to stand-in when the Head of AV Services is not available.
(Holidays/training should be organized so that either the AV Operations Manager or the Head of AV Services are always on site during the working day).
The AV Operations Manager’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Client Management - Building and maintaining client relationships.
- Team Management - Direct management of the AV Support Services team and Senior AV Support Technicians.
- Continuous Service Improvement (CSI) - working with the Head of AV Services to identify, agree and own a progressive CSI programme.
- Incident Management (IM) - working with stakeholders and Head of AV Services to effectively manage incidents and help develop effective IM processes, aiding improved service delivery.
- Discipline - Maintain an organised and professional environment where the on-site team are managed to meet and exceed client standards of excellent and professionalism.
- Performance Management - To understand and identify Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for successful engagement of AVMI’s business at client site.
- Some Project Management of works and changes across the London campus.
- To develop the business profile by enhancing, informing and changing the customer perspective of AV strengths and product service ranges.
- To devise and deliver promotional activities and assist sales in meeting targets.
- To commercially understand competition and promote innovation to client.
- To head up and lead commercial on-site services and products drive, introducing AVMI services and products across the organisation.
Training and Development
- Team Building - Promote and deliver team collaboration whilst maintaining team morale.
- Skills Gap Analysis - Identify areas for training and development for team and inform Head of AV Services to help drive improvement.
- Appraisals - Execute annual performance appraisals for on-site team and regular one-to-one performance management reviews.
- Work with Head of AV Services to identify opportunities for client training.
- Reporting - Collection, entry of client statistical data including SLE performance, management information, team performance and other business metrics for client.
- Monthly billing data - to itemise core charges, variable, consumable and hire costs for charging back to client.
- Meetings - Attend regular client meetings and maintain close contact with Head of AV Services to ensure effective communication and take a lead in monthly review meetings.
- Documentation - Drive the creation and enhancement of all site documentation including Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and to work with Head of AV Services to ensure documentation processes and procedures are maintained in accordance with client and AVMI requirements.
- Scheduling - Oversee the Senior AV Technicians to make sure all site workload and activities are planned and resourced to agreed Service Level Expectations.
- New Technologies - Promote and introduce new innovation to site and report back to AVMI management teams.
- Recruitment - Lead recruitment and on-boarding of new staff and off-boarding of leavers.
- Any other reasonable tasks requested by your manager.
- Maintaining a good working relationship with global AV counterparts (share best practice).
- Hold and attend regular meetings with global AV teams to discuss service and operations issues.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in relevant subject
- Management of team in a corporate environment
- Avixa/InfoComm CTS
- MS Office / Visio
- Experience of Broadcast Studio and video ingest systems
- Useful to have experience of: Crestron 101 / Toolbox, Q-Sys Sound Structure, project management