Sanctuary Students provide safe and secure accommodation to thousands of students around the country. We believe that our strength lies in our dedicated staff who help students with their everyday needs.
Addenbrooks Hospital, Cambridge
£26,141 per annum (rising to £28,707 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
37.5 hours per week
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Students manages accommodation for over 11,500 students across England and Scotland. We work in partnership with universities to provide cost-effective facilities management and support services, as well as providing specifically designed and purpose built accommodation direct to student across the UK. We offer a range of accommodation from shared flats to self-contained apartments in some of the biggest university towns and cities in the UK, including London, Manchester, Liverpool and Glasgow.
Our strength as an organisation lies in the quality of our people and we are always looking for individuals with fresh ideas to join us - people who share our commercial mind-set and who are committed to providing excellent customer service. Our philosophy is to attract and retain quality individuals, nurture and develop them and in doing so, inspire and motivate them.
We are looking for a motivated, customer service driven individual with a Housing/Property Management background to join our friendly and professional team. Although challenging, this opportunity will see you communicating with a wide range of clients and customers. If you’re looking for a varied role with development opportunities, this may be the perfect role for you.
The role of Housing Officer will include –
- Supporting the delivery of a quality housing management service to ensure that the residents needs and expectations are met.
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders, other officers, and tenants to ensure that a high quality tenancy management service is delivered.
- Investigating and responding to service complaints focusing on first contact resolution, and the identification of future learning opportunities to achieve customer service excellence
- Dealing with Estate and Building Management
- Responsible for building management allocations, tenancy management, and void management
- Responding to and reporting repairs
- Recruiting, training, supervising and monitoring staff workloads
- Supporting the coordination of low-level Antisocial Behaviour (ASB) cases in line with the prescribed policies and practices
- Developing, building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, residents, staff and external
Skills and experiences -
- Previous property management experience is an essential requirement for this role
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and good practice would be advantageous
- Well organised and able to work under pressure
- Great communication and problem solving skills
- Good negotiation and influencing skills with an eye for detail
- A self motivated individual who is adaptable to change within a fast paced environment
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workloads
- Working knowledge of MS Office including Outlook, Word and Excel
Ready to join us?
- As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and wellbeing plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save on buying a new bike to cycle to work or on a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the full job profile click here
Closing Date: 23 February 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’.
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
Sanctuary Students is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.