Web Developer PHP
Our client is looking for an exceptional Web Developer (PHP) to based out of leafy Hertfordshire
You will need to be Solutions focused, a problem solver and someone that really can 'think outside the box'
About the Role
This a newly created role and are seeking to add more experience to the team to enable you to work on a variety of customer requirements and internal projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Performing all aspects of application service delivery (architecture, design, development, test, implementation, etc.)
- Prioritising and resolving incoming requests from business departments
- Working individually and as part of a team on programming, testing tasks, problem solving, analysing new and existing projects
- Develop and implement a company intranet system suitable for the business
- Evaluating systems’ effectiveness and performance
- Reacting to problems and providing solutions as necessary
- Keeping abreast of technology and maintaining existing skills and knowledge
- Looking for ways to improve processes and procedures
- Work closely with the IT Manager to assist with the identification, quantification and specification of internal and customer requirements
- Assist with design specifications for new modules and feature sets where applicable
- Suggest innovative software solutions to internal staff and customer requirements
- Liaise with other departments to understand business and technical requirements where necessary
- Apply best practices
- Take responsibility for quality assurance by performing regular code reviews
- Good communication and team working skills
- "Can do" attitude, flexible and self-motivated
- Have the ability to turn business problems into innovative software solutions.
- To carry out such other duties in line with skills and experience as may be required
Required Skills and Work Experience
- Experience of web application or software development.
- Experience of at least two of our core languages:
- Good knowledge of HTML, and CSS
- Good knowledge of relational databases (such as MySQL)
- Knowledge of testing practices such as unit testing
- Demonstrable IT projects experience
- Experience of, and sufficiently self-motivated to begin and complete work/projects to appropriate deadlines and to prioritise own workload.
- Ability to work well with a wide range of people and levels of experience.
- Excellent attention to detail, planning and organisational skills combined with a confident attitude, proactively using own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the business, both written and verbal.
This is a new and exciting opportunity, so please don't delay, send in your cv for more information with your salary expectations