2nd Line App Support - Linux/ Docker/Hadoop
SceneOne has an exciting opportunity to join of a multi-national market leader in IT Consulting Services which has been named by LinkedIn as a 'Top Attractor’ of the best talent in the UK market.
Our client provides cutting edge science and technology solutions into crucial industries such as defence, intelligence and healthcare, and as such they have built strong teams across their various locations in the UK who are working hard to support vital missions and solve the world’s toughest problems.
Due to continued growth, we have a requirement for Application Support Analysts to join our 24x7 support team. The shift pattern for these roles will be 4 days on and 4 days off covering both day and night shifts.
If you have a passion for outstanding support and a commitment to ensuring satisfied customers then working for my client is the career move for you.
The Application Support Analyst will be based out of our Farnborough and Croydon offices to provide 24x7 support to bespoke applications. You will be expected to provide an excellent customer experience when supporting newly developed bespoke applications in a Linux environment.
• Provide support and maintenance to the bespoke applications
• Working within the defined SLAs
• Work closely with other support and development teams
• Create and update documentation where required
• Have the ability to work day shifts out of Croydon and night shifts from Farnborough
• Working knowledge of Linux
• Worked with applications such as Docker, Hadoop and Kubernetes
• Experience working with Java applications
• Worked with application monitoring and management tools
• Understanding and working knowledge of cloud based technologies
• Have worked in a DevOps environment
• Have good communication skills (written and verbal)
• Have the ability to translate technical issues to user friendly language
• Be an excellent Team Player
A competitive basic salary depending on experience, with extensive learning, development and progression opportunities and a generous benefits package.