Systems Engineer / Developer - Lytham
At Inenco, we are looking for an experienced software professional to join our organisation. Based in Lytham you will work collaboratively with other systems engineers and analysts to meet customer’s needs. Joining on a full time permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary, benefits package and inclusion in Inenco’s bonus scheme.
This is an exciting time for the organisation. Inenco is embarking on a strategic programme that will modernise the technologies we use and touch every part of the business. To deliver on our ambitious plans we are now looking for capable, enthusiastic talent to join our delivery focused technology function.
If you have a lot of energy and are up for a challenge, we would like to hear from you!
About Inenco Group
An award-winning company working Business to Business to provide consultancy services and procurement opportunities within the Energy Market. We specialise in business energy purchasing for businesses of all sizes and have a strong reputation for pioneering successful procurement products in the energy markets across a wide range of organisations.
As a Systems Engineer / Developer, you will be expected to work within a small team of engineers to code, configure, customise and test software solutions in order to meet the needs of Inenco customers and internal staff.
- Implementing code changes to Inenco’s software systems
- Developing clean and re-usable unit tests
- Proactively refactoring and making improvements to software
- Being involved in defining development best practices and standards
- Delivering all work tasks to agreed deadlines
- Mentoring the junior developers/engineers
- Preparing systems for deployment
- Developing automated functional tests
- Contribution to resolution of systems issues
Working in an evolving environment, you will thrive on solving problems and collaborating with others.
We are looking for someone who is passionate in delivering software, with a drive to learn new technologies and desire to develop skills in a number of languages, frameworks and software platforms.
Qualifications / Skills / Experience
Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate the following:
- A background or education in software / systems development
- Experience and knowledge of source control tools (e.g. Git, TFS)
- Experienced in object oriented programming (e.g. .Net, Java, C#)
- Experienced in database technologies (e.g. SQL Server, MySQL)
- Advanced knowledge and experience of at least one programming language
- Experience of software development in a commercial environment
- Exposure to various software development methodologies (e.g. Waterfall, Agile)
- Minimum 3 A Levels Grade A-C (or equivalent)
- Degree in relevant IT related subject or an equivalent qualification
- Desire and ability to quickly learn new skills
- Able to effectively express ideas both oral and written, with respect for others
- Able to gather and analyse evidence to understand customer/stakeholder needs
- Passionate about delivering software solutions to a high quality
- Adapts to change well and able to make suggestions for improvements
Successful candidates should ideally be able to demonstrate the following:
- Exposure to integration development (e.g. REST APIs, MQ, ETL)
- Exposure to test driven development and test related technologies (e.g. Selenium)
- Exposure to Enterprise business commercial off-the-shelf software (e.g. Progress OpenEdge, MS Dynamics, Salesforce.com, BMC Remedy, PEGA systems)
- Experience of mentoring junior developers/engineers
- Experience of software/system design and architecture
- Keen interest in emerging technologies in the industry, able to assess their usefulness and make recommendations
- Shows an interest in others and able to work on contacts outside of own team to help 'get the job done’
- Pro-actively work with others to deliver a superior result
- Able to effectively assess situations and arrive at a positive solution
- Demonstrates passion for meeting and exceeding customer needs
- Is driven towards achieving results
- Drives a positive impact for the business
- Able to ensure stakeholders are receiving relevant and timely information
- Understands personal leadership and collaborates with others for success
Closing Date: 31st March 2018
Salary: £30-£45,000.00 (salary dependent upon skills and experience). This role also includes eligibility to annual company bonus scheme.
Benefits: Inenco offers a variety of benefits including free tea and coffee, on-site costa, dental plans, cycle to work schemes, retail discounts, dining cards, childcare vouchers, regular incentives plus many more.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter along with your CV to our Careers Team
Please note that we are only able to contact candidates who have been shortlisted for interview. This post is subject to evidence of essential qualifications, satisfactory references and proof of legal working in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.