Direct Marketing Executive
We’re looking for someone to help us power the research that will end the fear, harm and heartbreak that dementia causes. The role of Retention Executive in the Direct Marketing team is a varied one and ideal for someone who is new to marketing or fundraising. Fundraising experience is not essential for the role but we are looking for someone with the drive and passion to change the future for those affected by dementia.
The post holder will be working across a range of channels, including; direct mail, e-mail, telemarketing and prize led fundraising. Activities in the retention portfolio are diverse, ranging from appeals to impact reporting and supporter engagement pieces. Together these activities drive income and create strong relationships with our supporters.
The role will involve working with different teams across the charity, supporting the coordination of direct marketing campaigns. Alongside this, they will be required to liaise with designers, printers, mailing houses and creative agencies; helping to ensure that work is delivered on time and to budget.
As well as providing day to day and administrative support, the post holder will be completing sector and competitor analysis, helping to inform a test and innovation plan for the retention programme.
The role requires someone with a strong ability to manage multiple tasks and good communication skills, as well as attention to detail and an organised approach to a busy and varied workload.
Main tasks of role:
- Providing administrative, organisational and other support to the retention team generally e.g. coordinate use of communication materials and equipment, maintaining relevant files and documents, competitor and sector monitoring
- Providing administrative support on a wide range of fundraising campaigns, including direct mail, telemarketing and email
- Proofreading direct marketing materials and collateral
- Print management; liaising with suppliers and sourcing print quotations for all warm appeals
- Liaising with designers, printers, mailing houses, agencies and fulfilment houses
- Responsibility for ensuring the budget spreadsheet is regularly updated with expenditure costs
- Administering the recording, reconciliation and processing of invoices to be paid from marketing nominal codes
Location: Granta Park, near Cambridge
Salary: Circa £20,000, plus benefits
We offer 25 days holiday (with the option to buy an additional 5), free private medical insurance, and a 5% pension. There is also access to a commuter bus from Cambridge or Whittlesford Parkway train stations, and a new Nuffield gym on-site.
For more information, please download the full job description from the Careers page of the ARUK website.
Interviews will be held 13-14 March 2018. If you are unavailable on these dates, please advise us in your cover letter.