Stores Person/Trainee Engineer
Job Title: Stores Person / Trainee Engineer
Job Type: Full-time; Permanent
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000 per annum DOE
Benefits: 20 days' holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays; AE Pension; Company Vehicle & Fuel Card; Uniform; Training Opportunities
Servest's Electronic Security Systems team is seeking an ambitious individual; to issue and test equipment, ready for delivery to various locations across the country, and maintain the store room in a safe environment. This role has the scope to grow into a Trainee Engineer, depending on the drive and ambition of the successful individual.
Our Electronic Security Systems Division operates within the commercial and constructions sectors, offering our clients solutions for intruder alarms, CCTV, door entry, access control and perimeter alarms.
Our business is growing quickly, and that's where you come in!
We're looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual with a natural eye for detail, noticing and raising any issues accordingly - you will be testing equipment (ready for despatch to colleagues on-site, after all)! This is a unique opportunity as there is the ability to progress into the route of a Trainee Engineer - if you have a genuine interest in Security Systems then this is an exciting role to get stuck into.
As a Security Stores Person, your main responsibilities will be:
- Controlling the issue and return of Servest Security Systems equipment
- Undertaking checks prior to equipment issue
- Thoroughly checking equipment upon return, ensuring equipment is in working order
- Liaising with the Security Systems Operations Director or designate, regarding all testing and legislative requirements
- Ensuring both the storeroom and storeroom equipment is maintained in a safe and tidy manner
- Delivering and collecting equipment from various locations across the country, as and when required
- Arranging courier collections and deliveries
- Overseeing all site deliveries; Receiving, checking and distributing deliveries
- Liaising with Office Manager and Coordinator to ensure various locations have the equipment needed
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills, experience and behaviours:
- A fantastic attitude - You're ambitious, enthusiastic and committed
- No problem is too big or small, you have a natural 'can-do' approach
- An understanding of electrical or electronic engineering principles would be advantageous, but is not essential
- Dedication, a desire to learn, develop and succeed
- Good geographic knowledge would be helpful
- Flexible and adaptable, you will be ready to react and respond in an effort to deliver the best possible service
- A full, clean driving licence is essential
It's your ambition, drive, flexibility and work-ethic which we are really looking for!
You'll be a true team player, willing to go the extra mile where needed to get the job done. You'll have an outstanding attitude, be willing to learn and develop and have an interest in progressing onto the route of a Trainee Engineer.
Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 08:30am - 17:00pm or 09:00-17:30, however your flexibility will be essential to allow us to meet the needs of customers and our business.
We will provide you with a company vehicle, fuel card, uniform, so a full clean driving licence will be essential.
We offer excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its' great people - We believe in the opportunity to recognise and share success. If you are interested in applying for this role and meet the above criteria, please email your CV to
To find out more please visit us on
Servest is an equal opportunities employer and rely on diversity to deliver on our goals. We actively encourage applications from talented and qualified individuals regardless of race, gender, nationality.
*** NO AGENCIES PLEASE ***