Customer Service Advisor
The role of the Customer Service Agent is to make contact with and ensure new and existing policy holders understand their policy fully and make use of any added benefits which their insurer provides. In addition to this they will liaise with customers and insurance companies to ensure any additional information required by the insurer is obtained and the underwriting process is as efficient as possible.
The ideal person will pride themselves on delivering an excellent level of customer service in all they do. A clear communicator, they will be confident at dealing with queries on the telephone to ensure that our customers get the best service and best value for money from their life insurance policy. In return, we can offer you training, development and real career progression within a successful growing company.
- Contact all new customers to ensure they have received their policy details.
- Verify all details are accurate and make any necessary amendments.
- Arrange telephone appointments with customers and ensuring punctuality is enforced once committing to a day/time.
- Assist with any policy queries customers may have and escalate any serious issues or cancellations to the sales team.
- Arrange medical reports, liaising with both the customer and medical companies.
- Maintain contact with customers to ensure they are kept up-to-date on the progress of their policy and they remain engaged.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- IT knowledge
- Insurance knowledge (Desirable)
- CRM system (Desirable)
- Excellent written, verbal & listening communication skills with a professional telephone manner
- Ability to build rapport effectively with customers and colleagues
- Accuracy in gathering and recording of all information with great attention to detail.
- Experience of working successfully in a fast paced, targeted and regulated telephone environment
- Previously worked and enjoyed success in a micro-managed, buzzing and structured environment
- Team player but with the ability to achieve individual success
- Insurance or financial service industry
- Following a structured script whilst on the telephone.