The Head Teacher of a friendly, two form entry Primary school in South Shields is looking to appoint a year 1 teacher to cover a maternity leave starting after the February Half Term 2018.
The school has gone from strength to strength in recent years and to continue that development, they are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated teacher, with a good understanding of the new curriculum and a clear passion for education.
Working in a class with children who speak English as a second language would be advantageous although you will have the support of a long serving, experienced teaching assistant on a full time basis.
About the Role:
- Key Stage 1, Year 1 Class Teacher
- Be confident planning all areas of the primary curriculum
- Manage the progress of the class by utilising school resources for interventions
- Organise the classroom and learning resources, create engaging displays to encourage a positive learning environment
- Planning, preparing and presenting lessons that cater for the needs of the whole ability range within the class
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation
- Maintain discipline in class at all times
- Fantastic CPD
- Competitive daily rate up to £120 (depending on level of experience & availability)
About You: The successful candidate must;
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Have a clear passion for working with children
- Have recent classroom experience as a Key Stage 1 Teacher
- Have QTS
- Experience with EAL and Mainstream SEN
- Have excellent communication skills
- Possess valid references, DBS/police checks or willingness to obtain them
First Call Teachers is strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All candidates will be required to obtain an Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the DBS and consent for us to carry out a range of other recruitment checks.