Trainee Installation Contracts Engineer
A Trainee Contracts Engineer is required for our well-established client who have a large portfolio of blue-chip clients located all across the UK, they provide service and installation to HVAC equipment as well as offering Design and Build services.
The successful Junior Contracts Engineer/ Junior Projects Engineer will be responsible for surveying sites, estimating and quoting for new and existing projects across the UK, typically for commercial air conditioning systems and other cooling/ ventilation equipment.
The role will entail the Trainee Contracts Engineer/ Trainee Projects Engineer to travel to customers sties which include supermarkets, convenience stores, hospitals, schools and other retails shops, typically shadowing the Installations Manager working closely to gain experience and knowledge to eventually survey, estimate and quote for projects independently.
The opportunity would suit a well presented and confident junior engineer, trainee engineer or engineer's mate seeking a more diverse and challenging environment.
Trainee Installation Contracts Engineer Duties:
- Travelling across the UK to customer sites, staying nights away from home on occasion.
- Completing intrusive surveys on customer's sites to gauge new air conditioning requirements.
- Measurements and calculations to select which air conditioning system is suitable for projects.
- Creating quotations for customers based on estimations.
- Estimating new for installations and replacement air conditioning.
Trainee Installation Contracts Engineer Requirements:
- An understanding of air conditioning/ ventilation is preferred.
- Experience with mechanical/ electrical engineering, having worked as an engineer's assistant, mate or junior/ trainee engineer.
- Good standard of English and Maths.
- Flexibility with travel and staying away from home on occasion.
- Due to the requirements of some sites the successful applicant must be at least 18 years old.
Trainee Installation Contracts Engineer Package:
- Salary £18K-20K
- On Going Training
- Company Van
- 5 Basic Hours
- 24 Days Holiday + Extra Days with Service
- Meal Allowances
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately. WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy