Accounts Payable Clerk (NHS TEMP)
Our client is looking for an Accounts Payable Clerk to assist in a busy Hospital setting. You will be responsible for ensuring designated suppliers accounts are accurately accounted for within the Hospitals financial accounting system through the process of account reconciliation.
Type of role: Temporary, 3 months potentially longer
Location: South East London
Pay rate:£8.70 Paye - £10.50 Umbrella (dependent on experience and payment method)
Working days and hours: Monday to Friday working 9.00am to 5.00pm
Accounts Payable Clerk
- Reconcile designated supplier's statements on a monthly basis and resolve outstanding invoices/credit note queries
- To deal with all correspondence and telephone calls relating to designated creditor enquiries, both internal and external
- Record and keep a control of all copy invoices sent to departments for coding/approval and to follow up any non-returned documents
- Highlight urgent payments to the Financial Accountant (Creditors)
- To ensure there is appropriate backup documents for creating/amending supplier details from suppliers/procurement department for new/existing accounts.
- Undertake any related duties commensurate with the grade that may be required to ensure the efficient running of the Department at all times.
- Have a collective responsibility with other clerks to provide adequate staff cover within the department during annual and sickness leave
- Above duties will be regularly reviewed with the post-holder and may change in line with changes in working practice within the department.